July 16, 2010

two boys

The best thing about being gone is this beautiful dependency that's flowered between my two boys. When mama's away they are a team. His face, his body says it all. It's just me and my dad.


Moi et mon papa contre le monde... They go to playgroup together where Jude pushes the babies around in their cars and walks around distributing toys to all the kids. They visit Nanny and walk to the park. They water the garden, do laundry and keep the house in amazing shape. Oh my boys, I couldn't have imagined a better team. Beyond all expectations of how this back to work would be. For sure there are sleep issues and problems with naps, grumpy days and dads worrying about whether the babe ate enough since he refuses most milk while I'm away. But overall it has been a good experience for all of us.




My loves have grown ever closer to each other. When Jude sees me in the station he smiles so wide it's happiness and pain. We nursed in the crew room this time, a large heavy sleepy warm baby curled against me. Eyes closed, drinking deep breathing in mama's smell. We could stay like this forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment