May 5, 2010

on our way


Montreal here we come... I'm mostly packed with the essentials (holy cow there are so many!) for me and the babe and now we wait for the train to come in tomorrow night and whisk us off onto adventure.

Thank goodness my dad is coming along for the trip. I really wanted company, not relishing the thought of traveling alone with baby, switching trains and handling luggage/stroller/baby by myself. Now we've decided not to bring a stroller at all since my cousin Diane has one for us in Montreal. That'll leave me stroller-less in Toronto for three days but when I considered trying to navigate the subway with a roller suitcase and a stroller I balked. We'll make do with a mei-tei wrap (thanks Mikki!) and a ring sling (thanks April!).






We've been really using our mom connections lately to avoid buying more stuff that'll only be used for a few months. Such a great way to share and consume less, as well as a money saver.

Anyhow, this'll be a short post. I still have things to pack and double check, have been dealing with lots of emotions around my return to work this past week and I seemed to be on edge with everything (and everyone. Sorry my loves). I need to relax and just enjoy these next few weeks without worry, stroll the streets and snack on delicious lebanese food and poutine, show off my perfect adorable child and breathe.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I missed you guys so much.
    I want you to know, and the whole world... you're not just my 'wife,' you're my partner, my best friend. The other side of my mind that makes reasoning and caring and logic and emotion all make sense. That side that gives me a smack up-side the head when I need it, and a smile when I need it even more. I love you because... because I admire you. I adore you and there are aspects of you that I can honestly say I even envy slighty. You're an awesome Partner, mother and woman.

    ReplyDelete