October 22, 2010

a bunch of totally random unrelated things

As I said up there, totally unrelated clips of Sarah's life coming up.

Tomorrow I leave on a dreaded Vancouver trip. Lucky to have worked almost all Toronto this year, this being only the second long trip west this season. Perhaps my last trip, perhaps one more. Even Chris asking "So? Layoffs happening yet?" when the answer is always we don't know! We never know, this time of year loaded with anticipation, nervous to work lots make more money expecting the hatchet to drop anyday. But oh, how I look forward to those glorious first two weeks off. The first two weeks when you revel in being home everyday and get so much done and aren't bored yet with the stillness. First you run out of projects at home and things to clean (the upside is being in a totally organized and clean space) then you start new endeavors, go to groups, get moving get inspired to do something - it's then that you notice the stillness. The lack of movement where things stay the same. The train keeps me moving but when it stops..

I was so lucky this year, a fantastic crew with Sonny, Jen Faith and Andrea, Steve Mickey Kevin, Jeff and Savo... So many memorable trips especially in the coaches with Claudette or as often working takeout. Memorable passengers, a fantastic summer indeed... I missed two trips off my crew, one from a last minute bookoff the other for the union conference. Each missed trip being the worst of the summer! The first train a sixteen-hour-late arrival into Toronto and eight hours late going home, the second train stopped at Capreol behind a derailment, bussed passengers to and from Toronto crew staying late to receive passengers at all hours. Missed out on the worst trains. Lucky indeed.

Jude is into walking backwards now. And spinning in circles. He leads with a waving hand or a head and rarely runs into things. And he spins equally well in either direction. He'll pause to grin at us and wait for us to laugh before continuing. He dances all the time. A shaking bum or spins or clapping, waving hands and jumping. I should film it before that changes. He loves all kinds of music and you know when he likes something because he'll stop what he's doing, run up to the computer and start spinning or dancing. Such a cutie and a little ham. We read the same book all day as he brings it back over and over. Sometimes immediately after finishing I find the same book insistently pushed into hands. In the middle of reading one book Jude complains No, Night Cars. Can I finish this one first? No, ok. And begin reading again. Luckily we and the library have beautiful books that I don't mind reading twenty times a day.

My photoset is now up on Cherrystems!  So totally exciting. I picked Adventuress as model name and now have a great set up. After I finished going through self critically I love the great shots my awesome photographers got. Most of the pictures were done by Christel Lanthier or Sabine Chorley, since Julie returned near the end. And wow! Although the lighting was moody and dark they all made it come through really nicely. Thanks you ladies so much! Now where do I get naked next...

I walked to the park
Then I fell. These new shoes.
 I watched big kids play




Now mama READ me a book!

I really don't feel like writing about anything else. I have more, much more and it's crowding my mind but my back hurts from sitting at the computer for too long and I still have another episode of Mad Men to watch before returning to Movie Village. So for tonight that is all. And let me tell you my shitty six year old computer deleted two paragraphs of this blog, parts that didn't save immediately like usual. Lovely evening frustrations but tomorrow I hit the rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment