November 27, 2010

terror at 567

He became an overnight terror. It seemed to come out of nowhere. Suddenly, all the things he's successfully ignored for months become beacons in a boring indoor cave, he literally runs from area to area causing destruction and constant watchfulness. I let him be pretty independent but now I find needing to check in each minute he's quietly out of my sight. I couldn't leave it for more. How many times I found myself calling out "Jude? Jude?? What are you doing?" from the kitchen. Honestly, probably every minute I didn't hear from him.

This morning he tore more pieces out of the speaker. And for the first time deliberately disobeyed a strong order from me... Oh sure, he's played around before and cheekily tried to get away. But he knows the tone and will usually complain while stopping... Not today's reality. No way. He's got his mind into doing certain things and won't be deterred. Least of all by me!

We did have a lovely day again, lots of errands got done after finally getting the car back. It runs beautifully. But I have to go back since they didn't leave the keys in the glovebox as promised so I'm down to one set of keys. And it's not close!

Chris broke the shovel. I guess that's what happens when you take a few day break from shoveling while others break backs out nightly. It seems to have snowed every day since thursday... We are loving watching the plows and other equipment work the streets and lane. Loud protests each time one moves on. Emotions run high in this household lately. Sick plus cooped up multiplied by toddlerhood... Soon this stage will have passed and I'll remember the days when he watched movies naked cuddled up to dad, then mom, topped with a latenight dance party before crashing out.

I love how the streetlights glow off winter lawns... daylight snow glare makes me want Inuit sun goggles... not sure how I'd fit those over my regular glasses though. I found these great inspired frames at Ijaak Sungoggles


Have I mentioned what I want more than anything? Yes, a Hudson Bay wool jacket. A vintage in good condition would be a nice find but I'd buy new if the style worked. Ultimate winnipeg prairie look. Five months of winter means a good cold weather wardrobe!


 Alright, enough drooling... My next purchases are going to be a camera (EEEeeee! Finally!!!) and hopefully a laptop too. I CAN'T WAIT! Til another time.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment