January 22, 2011

Flannel lingerie

I had the best idea today! Went to Ce Soir lingerie to pick up my altered bras (lovely having to pay over 100$ per bra and still needing alterations!) with my mom. She enticed me to browsing after we found the discount rack with some bras for twenty, leading to rows of valentine's day lingerie. This is pretty and oh, how nice as she lifted silky tops and lacy slips. I said walking out to the car I know nobody who wears lingerie in a long term relationship. That and the winnipeg climate, she reminded me. And I suddenly knew - how cool would flannel lingerie be? A hot corset, boned but with cozy flannel. Over the knee knitted socks. I think we desperately need a line for cold weather sexy. If I sewed and could make them, I'd totally be starting that. One of the too many ideas I have.

I was at Ten Spa at the Fort Garry Hotel for a spa and yoga package with my maman and sisters this weekend! What a restorative, relaxing, rejuvenating, much deserved escape from our usual days. We had two beautiful adjoining rooms, the blue room and the pink room. The first time I'd stayed there although I remembered the ballroom and the club rooms during our wanderings. What a gem of old doors and curtains, chandeliers and soft easy chairs, winding back stairs chilled servant access from days back. I looked over the Via station to the Provencher bridge and the Red River while upstairs, our windows facing mostly brick. Content to keep the blinds closed anyway and forget our winnipeg existence, a separate world from the world outside. We did yoga after checkin and again in the morning in a too cold Club room, changed into our pestemals and robes for an evening hamam at Ten Spa. Hot steam and salt, cool water against heated marble and tiles, in the dark star studded room, continual water relaxation. Between the yoga and hamman, starting off with mint tea ending with a yogurt cucumber drink to rebalance you, I feel very detoxified. And we ate a late supper in the Palm room while my mom and I finished a bottle of wine and we all fiercely debated the saxophone's players age (the younger the guesser, the older they thought he was and vice versa). Then a late brunch this morning in a sunshine filled Broadway room, with fresh omeletters and eggs benedict made to order, my favorite real potato hash (I have strict requirements for hash browns!), croissants and oj and two cups of coffee (a rarity in my world). Such a lovely weekend with such a great group of ladies!

I needed to catch up with them all, too many things happening in our lives and too little time to connect. Breakups and new jobs and a pregnancy! Leona is beginning to show at seventeen weeks and I was totally excited when she shared her potential name with us yesterday. Not sure if she's sharing with the world so we'll leave it at super cute! A little baby belly and a new life working to join us soon. She also has a meeting this week with a midwife so send positive thoughts her way that hopefully it will be a good match and she'll be able to plan the birth, as much as you can, the way she wants it. I remember it clearly now that she's going through it... the thicker hair, the frustration at not being able to sauna or use heat, the excitement of kicks and growing a life inside of you. And so much yet to come. How rarely us girls get together without others around to focus on each other and reconnect. It was over too soon and we know the next time (because there will be a next time!) we should plan an entire weekend away. Perhaps the Moosejaw Temple Gardens?

The weather is turning and we have temperatures supposed to rise to minus four. Though I'll never believe the forecast considering we sit at minus twenty six before windchills tonight I'll keep my hopes up for the week. Tomorrow I'll get April her nursing pictures from the shoot we did at the conservatory last weekend and perhaps we'll all get out for a family walk on a nicer day. Let's hope!

A few cute shots and outtakes from our shoot





1 comment:

  1. The only thing don't like is my belly, gotta do some sit ups or something.

    ReplyDelete