January 11, 2011

this is exactly how I feel

I just haven't been able to write lately. To sit, and reflect. The very act of living and reconnecting into life requiring any excess energy I have. And the projects on the go these days keep me moving and thinking too much. Caught between a time of slowing down and days of rabid action, I'm loving the connections lately with friends and with family. Add a photo class that is taking me on a journey of admitting to not knowing, fighting against pride that I just want to be good already, knowing my results will disappoint me and the great stuff will come out of practice and learning and failing (that which I am not good at, if you hadn't guessed!). I will work my tail off to take pictures I'm actually proud of and they will be ok. The assignment this week seems HUGE if you want to actually do a decent job of any of the nine different points, most with multiple shots of different subjects to get. During a cold Manitoba winter. I will post my results here, figuring I need to start shooting by Wednesday at least if I want to have time to get them done and printed by class next week.

That and hopefully starting some temp work a couple days a week and a new family membership to the y and starting a thursday night supper club with my sisters and family commitments and playgroups and friends and side projects that never get looked at. No wonder the days aren't enough to contain and decompress and relax into. Oh well, the days are what they are. I need to keep moving and see where it leads. Curiosity for what next brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment