March 7, 2011

eight to twelve

eight - family
my boys sweetly interacting over books


nine- sweetness
what could be sweeter than this face


ten- something that is easy for me
shopping is fun, browsing checking out fashions trying new ideas and looks. i don't enjoy shopping purposefully when i need to find something or am being specific. slowly making your way through crowded stores, eyes open to what finds you, draws you. i look always and buy when i love it.

eleven- something that is hard for me
not being critical of my body, no matter what size I am. this winter i lost at least twenty pounds off my usual frame, effects of digestive problems that arise every few years. although it's not good to go through, there's nothing to do but wait out the months of little appetite and sluggishness. the one good thing is losing weight easily, not that am usually unhappy with my size. but for a while i get to enjoy being thin without effort knowing that soon enough my body will return to normal and i don't have the self control or interest in working to maintain a thinner frame.

but no matter what my body looks like, i will always find a criticism when i look at my film. a part of the catharsis in posting photos online and overcoming the self-criticism, knowing in twenty years i'll look back longingly at the body i had in my twenties.


twelve- cold
no explanation needed

2 comments:

  1. This last picture makes me feel SO cold!! Great to see things are going well =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold looks cold indeed.
    But you're hot.

    ReplyDelete