March 6, 2011

time is on my mind

time time time time

never enough, always lamenting the rush of life and trying to add more. But I went to yoga on Friday morning, a beautiful grounding moon salutations that had my legs trembling with exertion but stilled my vibrating soul for a spell. I am needing these moments to ground and reconnect with myself as life flashes by, an epileptic episode of moments exciting and mind-numbingly dull.

I am excited to hit the rails again soon... took a trip to vancouver that was a blast despite working a frozen car with non-working toilets or shower, fighting my way through sprays of hot water from a burst pipe at 5am and working night duty both nights. But i got lots of sleep and worked with a fantastic crew, met amazing people including a videographer for Point Blank Creative - check out the faux-trailer for Archie that they just posted online, made with a hundred craigslist volunteers from the vancouver film community. LOVE it! They were working on a short film based on a poem David Pritchett wrote during a rail journey in 2008, a twenty-three minute poem titled I will not shoot buffalo from this train. Looking forward to seeing the finished product in the fall sometime.

Not only that, i sat with Brian for ages discussing cameras and filming. I'd shot a short clip of Jude before leaving to watch when i missed his face... and i couldn't figure out how to focus properly as he ran around the living room in and out of focus (auto 3.5, that's why!!). We talked gear and lenses for a while then he played around and got her set up on manual filming, and filled me in on why shutter speed plays a part of film. Good times talking shop :)

and oh, vancouver was a trip. a too fast brimming day, a little much booze and definitely not enough sleep before rising rockstar at six, hair out of place tight jeans and shades in the still dark morning to catch a flight home. thankfully i dozed in and out on the flight to be awake at home with my favorite boys and an emotional reunion for a toddler dealing with new levels of feeling now that mom goes away. He was a right mess between manically excited dancing to collapsing in tears at every slight. It's a hard age to be feeling everything so intensely and have little control over what goes on. We snuggled and kept close, and nursed (that is the next transition - weaning before back on the train!) while watching Thomas just being together. And the day passed, and his first round of antibiotics is nearly done. This life makes me smile wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment