February 25, 2010

all about baby ;)

I've been in deep mourning this past week.... We visited with two moms (Melissa, who I know from high school and have recently reconnected with and Stephanie who I met off of kijiji, of all places) that each have a 4month old. I had quickly forgotten what 4 months means - sitting propped up, just started to pick up toys and mouth them, lots of staring and quiet(er) time. Meanwhile my busy busy little bee is just that - BUSY! He's all over his toy box, pulling everything out, crawling over the jungle gym of mom, chatting up a storm. Started the forward crawl this past week (although most days it more resembles a downward dog - up on toes and hands, just figuring out the forward motion) and the same day he grabbed my leg and pulled himself to standing! He's now closer to a toddler than a baby and I'm having to say goodbye to those sweet baby days....



Well, we are nearly at 8 months now. Still it seems to have come too fast! Before I know it he'll be walking and asserting himself. Trying hard not to think too far in advance (school! yikes!!) and just enjoy these moments everyday.



We dance! Almost everyday we dance around the living room- sometimes in mom's arms, sometimes the jolly jumper, sometimes standing alone... Lately we've been enjoying Ella Fitzgerald's 12 Nights in Hollywood, Billie Holiday's Ultimate Collection and some Phil Collins. Booboo loves being thrown high in the air (mom's building some hot pecs) and twirling/bouncing around the living room. I've taken to leaving the curtains open to take advantage of the sunshine although my neighbors now get to critique my lack of dance moves every day. Oh wells.

Jude and I have been fighting off a cold this last week... Other than some stuffiness and sneezing, nothing has come to pass, but we've been tired and cranky this entire week (sorry Chris!). Yesterday we napped together for 2.5 hours in the afternoon!!!! I could tell he was tired, getting quiet and sitting in Dad's lap just looking around. So we went to bed - minutes after he snuggled into my side we were both out. Woke to nurse after 1.5 hours, switched snuggle sides and conked out again. I tried to get out around 6pm since I had yoga at 7 - even wiggled out of my sweater since I didn't want to move him while he was lying on it. Was just about to head out the door when he lifted his head and looked around "Where are you??", saw me and laid down again.



I love sleeping with my baby!!! There's nothing better than a warm snugglebug cuddling you all night and waking to happy baby smiles! Lately he's a bundle of energy in the mornings, climbing over the both of us, kicking Dad if he tries to keep sleeping (hee hee) and squealing with glee. Impossible to be grumpy with that alarm clock!

Oh!! Almost forgot to mention HUGS! First hug for mom on Tuesday and yesterday he hugged Molly at mom's group. So sweet - been watching closely to make sure he doesn't grab her face or yank her around too hard when suddenly he opened his arms and leaned in close for a snuggle. TOOOO CUTE!



I've been deep into Olympic fever and Jude's helping me cheer on our amazing athletes. One of the mom's at the group I go to is Jon Montgomery's sister (he won Gold in skeleton on Friday) and she just got back from watching his run. Brought baby and the whole family to cheer him on. What an amazing experience! Wish I could be in Vancity now. I always forget just how much I love the Olympics but then find myself heavily invested in the outcome. Although mainly interested in the winter O's, not so much the summer ones. GO CANADA

No comments:

Post a Comment