February 6, 2010

snow, tea and visiting

We've had another lovely week!! I find myself lucky to know so many great people who come to share their incredible lives with us. After my call out for visits, Jude and I ended up with a busy busy week :) Kate from Cherrystems came by to relax and chat with us on Monday. Such an inspiration with all of the sewing and homemaking she's been engaged with, as well as the relaunch of her website and schooling to boot! Despite a busy schedule she spent the afternoon playing with Jude and sharing news. I so badly want to buy a sewing machine so I can start on some very simple projects but don't have the funds right now... Combing kijiji to see if a decent machine is to be had. I used to have my grandma's old singer which is built into a table - took up WAY too much room so definitely need to find a tabletop model.



Tuesday and Wednesday we hit up the mom and baby groups we usually visit. It was great to see the babies again, getting so big since our last visit weeks ago. Chris was working a ton this week although most were same-day call-in shifts so it was impossible to plan for anything. It got warm near the end of this week so we've really taken advantage of that, walking outside in Jude's "new" used sled. Kijiji is my best friend!!

Thursday we went out with Christel to Fort Whyte. I couldn't believe it was my first time going and even the receptionist shamed me for not having visited before. I always had intentions on going but without a vehicle we couldn't travel far unless we begged off on friends. Either way, it was a great introduction with a quiet, snowy day walking trails. When Jude got tired of his sled, we retired inside to watch the birds (he was fascinated!!! We could've spent hours with him imitating swans and geese, intently watching the ducks and heron splashing in the water and fighting amongst themselves... so neat) and fishes, have a nurse in the reception hall and bundle up again in time to go back outside. Once he passed out it was time for hot chocolate and barbeque pulled turkey wraps in the cafe. Lucky me!



Erin and Sophia (2 years old) came to visit on Friday and even though it was hours past his last nap Jude struggled to stay awake until they left. When they did, he fell asleep within minutes and was out until 6 pm. VERY late for him but we managed to get him to bed by 8 anyways. Today my high school friend Crystal came by for a very welcome chat and playtime. It had been years since we'd connected but we fell back into easy conversation and caught up on news from the past years. So nice to go weeks, months and sometimes years without seeing old friends but find that the connection is still there. It also meant a lot to see friends willing to take the time to visit with us. We're all so busy nowadays but it's important to slow down at times and reconnect.



Tomorrow we visit at Grandma and Grandpa's - first visit since they returned from the Bahamas last week. And this week coming up I visit with two new moms who have reached out after I posted looking for parents with similar child-raising techniques to connect with. Can't wait to possibly make some new friends and give Jude new babies to play with!


 
I'm considering this cut for my next haircut.... Nervous to go so short but also excited about a new look!!
(no new pictures this week so these are some of my faves of the past couple months)

No comments:

Post a Comment