February 13, 2010

sad day

Sometimes the sad days just creep up on you. Had I been looking for it I'm sure I would've seen it lurking down the street, taking small pieces of my good days until there were enough angry, frustrated moments that I couldn't fight the sad off anymore. But I prefer to live in my happy days - not to think of the bad things, or to deal with them as singular events and not let it overwhelm me. So I continued on relishing the small things: pulling Jude's wood sled through the fresh snow, making eggs for dinner, getting footrubs from Chris... Today though, all the undesirable things from the past week seemed to hit me at once and I just feel overwhelmed and sad.

Here's hoping this will pass by tomorrow or Monday at the latest because I hate feeling like this. I continue doing household tasks but feel robotic, not taking pleasure in accomplishment but rather chalking up another mark of "stuff I did". I made spinach, avocado and tomato salad for dinner with a chicken pesto pasta. It looked good, it tasted good, but I only ate it because I needed to eat something and hardly enjoyed it at all. Blah! This is how it feels to slide into depression- I know what should make me happy, I try all the things I normally enjoy but can't find happiness in any of them.

I need something to break me out of this funk.

2 comments:

  1. I know how that feels. Just try to keep your chin up and keep busy and hope it will pass. you have a beautiful son, and a man that loves you. You will feel better soon! :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words Nicole :) Yesterday was a better day so I'm hopeful this is just a passing mood. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete