February 16, 2010

better days


A couple days I was starting to feel a bit down, stressed out and feeling sad. I'm happy to say the mood is starting to lift! A combination of many things, among them a helping hand from hubby, a happier baby that is napping more consistently and warmer weather. Chris' efforts are the biggest thing though since without that the pall of resentment would hang over any other improvements. Our biggest issue lately has been sleep - he goes to bed much later than me and thus wants to sleep in much later as well. I rise between 7-8 am with the baby nearly every day and sometimes spend hours doing household stuff before he even starts to stir (usually after a wakeup call from yours truly). Once I start stewing in my resentment it colors everything else around me until I either blow up or start falling into depression.

Luckily for me, Chris recognized the change in my moods and started questioning me as to what was wrong, since I didn't have the energy to start the conversation with him. And he started trying to make changes as well! Yesterday I dropped him off at his mom's with baby while I went out to run errands. I knew Jude wouldn't fare well being shuttled around the city strapped into his car seat so this gave me the change to run around striking tons of things off my to-do list.

It was warm outside, I lowered the windows in the car and blasted Kick FM, got an Iced Cap at Tim's and drove around without a jacket! It felt great to be alone for a couple hours. A breath of air - when I picked up the boys (my darling Jude fast asleep) I felt a million times better. Today I've managed to hold onto that mood so I think it might last :)

 
My valentine's day snack - thanks honey!


My new haircut.... and no braces!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment