June 17, 2010

back in da peg

I'm home! Haven't gotten my cuddles yet as the babe was sleeping. So hard not to barge in the door and  wake him up but best to let him wake up on his own. waiting 
waiting

Saw this video
  called Free Fall from a friend's page. It's a short film made by the world champion freediver, filmed by the French freediver Julie Gauthier, and it's incredible. It was not done in one breath but was done completely without the use of tanks and is meant to show another side of freediving. "For me freediving means to be in harmony with the elements, it means freedom, it means exploring the unknown. We tried to express this feeling in one video," says Guillaume Nery.
Never have I given so much thought to the experiences and discoveries of swimming underwater without a tank. I've peripherally heard of freediving before not thinking much about it, but this film puts it as poetry... Amazing.

Work went well. Surprisingly. Difficult, as expected. Sad but also enjoying the work, the people. And then, somewhat guilty for actually enjoying being away at the same time missing my boys terribly and knowing they were dealing at home. Hmmm, tough emotions. But it went by and then today, suddenly seeming quick although the days seemed long, we're home. Already? This going back to work thing will speed up the days for sure. While I'll be more present and savor every moment the summer will fly by.

Gonna go savor my quiet time tonight. Love being home!

No comments:

Post a Comment