June 24, 2010

we have a walker!

Steps steps steps.

The first one was on my last day on the train. Chris was so excited to share and I was just as excited for him. Couldn't be too disappointed since the next day he gave me two distinct steps! But then the babe decided to move onto other things for a while, such as the 180 degree quick turnaround, even attempting a 360 with hands and feet.

Today Mikki and Kingsley came over for a visit and the giggles were on! He hammed it up the whole time, showing off his skills and toys until finally he decided to pull out the big guns. "look at me!" it said as he started stepping across the living room. First five in a row, then a few more, then seven steps all the way to the futon! Yay big dude :) there's no going back now.... What fun!

I've noticed he's a lot more serious since I've come back. Still has lots of happy and goofy moments, but when he's concentrating or learning something he looks so serious. I'm sure it's affected him emotionally, my being away. But the connection forged with Papa is already much stronger. I noticed a number of times when Chris wasn't around that Jude would go searching for him. Last night Jude was in the middle of the bed when we joined him. When he started stirring, he shuffled over to dad and cuddled him instead! How sweet :) Love love love my boys.


We've been busy as bees this week from a visit to the Red River Ex, swimming at Pan Am with April and Kort (where he learned to toss the ball back and forth), playgroups and playdates galore... Not to mention our first bike ride! Can't wait to get out again, he had such fun zooming around down the side streets, ringing the bell and kicking the handlebars.

Another exciting note: I got a temporary vacancy to Toronto! As much as I loved my crew to Vancouver, it was just too long away for the boys so I jumped to bid these openings. Now I leave on Tuesday the 29th, Jude's first birthday. But we'll have the entire day together and I'll be home after three days. Exciting!!! Of course, that's only if the strike doesn't happen. We shall see. I'm not getting myself too worried since each time we've gotten to this point we reach an agreement at the last second. But of course, there's always the possibility that we hit the picket line on Sunday. So I'm watching and waiting, hoping to leave Tuesday as planned but preparing for the worst. What bad timing for a strike (not that there's ever a good time really). But especially bad for me since my mat leave ran out last month, waiting a 6 weeks before a via paycheck, Chris cut shifts to stay and watch Jude and we're already behind on all our bills. Oh well, no use worrying about it. Things always have a way of working out.

My mama's super cool scooter

On a blog you always have to wonder how much is too much information. I share lots about our life, plans, stresses, etc... And I'm never quite sure who's reading since it's wide open to all my facebook friends, most of whom don't subscribe or leave comments. But every now and then someone will mention that they follow along and know all about what I've been doing, which is nice to know people are interested.

I had a totally sexy dream last night, not about my hubby but about some guy that I don't even know. We've never spoken, I don't have a crush on him and apart from the fact that he's a good looking guy, I have no idea what would attract me. But somehow my subconscious decided to cast him in a role and start sending me absurdly fun dreams... Not that I'm complaining, I certainly don't mind those dreams. Just wondering what triggered that. Who wants to share dreams? Lol!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment