September 28, 2010

on the road, again

Tomorrow we leave again. I am away almost more than I am home these days. It's not a bad thing, these days are necessary and finite. At times difficult, sometimes rejuvenating, clarifying... I think my job saves my sanity sometimes. I keep moving, it's always different and changing. When I stood static I yearned, and longed every  day to move and observe. I held myself back from running away, stared into clouds of planes jetting to places mundane and exotic, fought my nature to stay and root, connect and form a relationship. I wanted it and the sacrifice was worth it (although necessary? Of that I'm not sure).

Sometimes I meet travelers, nomads from faraway lands moving through landscapes and people and I scramble to connect with the fragments of me who are them.

But I am moving, my landscapes are changing too, I arrive in a new city with anonymity and open eyes, roaming alleys and parks and eats, ready to engage and content to watch. Someone speaks to me each time. Someone ready to engage, happy to find another to create moments, fleeting connections, what if immediate friendships.

Last time I met Rei, a japanese photographer selling images taken in India, raising messages of western indulgence and inability to process relate to utter poverty. Every time someone new. And I see too many actors from Degrassi TNG that I think I must watch too much tv.

The invitations are completed and most are sent out. If you are named Celindy or Christel, or are a sibling, your invitations are safe on my computer desk until I can fit in dropping them off. Don't they look pretty? 5 hours of work later... but hand made and all different is worth it, i think.


 We cleaned the yard. The following set of pictures is Jude, within less than a minute.. Hard to get such a busy guy to be still for an instant. That second one is my fave monster pose... He is actually happy, deliriously so.

 
 
 
 
 


Tomorrow we leave for Halifax, another whirlwind I must seek out or how could our lives be this full? It's a good full and I'm not quite sure how things have gotten here... but it's good? I think so. I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment