September 7, 2010

photoshoots

I did a shoot! It was exciting, I don't have any photos yet as proof but it was a barrel of fun. As I've mentioned a few times on here, my friend Kate began a website of nude photography called Cherrystems, mostly as a place to show regular people rocking their naked. I was kind of interested from the first time she told me about the site.... two plus years ago! But with life and other things in the way it never came together until now.

When Kate told me to come up with a theme I blanked immediately and wanted to ask her to give me a list of possible themes. I know, totally lame. Why was it so difficult to figure out what I wanted to show about myself? It didn't take long at all for me to go through my interests. Number one - books. Hey, sexy librarian? Perfect! Next I hit up my friends for suggestions of where to shoot and possible setups. Mikaela was fantastic at coming up with ideas and settings. What a creative mind! Before I could start looking for a place to shoot, Kate had already set things up with Kelly from Aqua Books so we could shoot in the upstairs. My good friend Christel Lanthier was on board to photograph from the start and we started arranging things from there. And although things were iffy right until the day before it finally all came together!

I can't wait to show you a *small* piece of the final project although if you would like to see the entire set you'll need to join Cherrystems. It's a worthwhile project to be involved in. A not-for-profit where any profits will be donated to organizations that provide counseling in the areas of self esteem, eating disorders, unplanned pregnancies, suicide prevention and crisis counseling, STI/AIDS testing, and more. Nudie sites for healthy communities! Yay!

In the end we had a blast. Nicole Pielou from Angles Hair on Lilac did my hair and makeup. Christel, Julie and Sabine shot the set (I know, I was not expecting three photographers either!! Until hours before I though it would be only Christel and I). Things were super relaxed though and they quickly put me at ease. Kelly at Aqua was fantastic about letting us move furniture around, mess up his lawyers periodicals and play around in the upstairs of his store. We drank wine (Dan Aykroyd wine - so tasty, and I love Dan Aykroyd to pieces), sometimes out of a straw for me as to not mess up my lipstick, listened to Robbie Williams, Fiona Apple and the C.R.A.Z.Y. soundtrack, stripped off clothes, strategically positioned books, laughed, had crazy good times.... Thanks to all who were involved and made it a fantastic time! I can't wait to get the shots back and see what we created. Excited!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sorry you can't post more of the photos for others to see - I've just had a few too many people post nearly the whole thing in the past. A few people ruin it for all the others!

    Anyhow! I'm super glad it was such a positive experience for you! I can't wait to see the end product, and put it up on the site too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, I completely understand the reasoning. A teaser is more than enough and perhaps will bring a few more peeps to the site. It was tons of fun and everything went off despite the uncertainty leading up to it. <3

    ReplyDelete